Hervey Bay is probably the best place in Australia for Whale Watching, the Humpback whales stay with us for a long time to teach their calves and play. We work with several experienced tour operators. Book your tour at the same time as you book the accommodation to secure a spot on the day and tour that you want. Of course we can help you when you arrive as well. The season start 19th July and end in late October/Early November.
Call us on the?+61(0)7 4197 0888?to book a whale watching tour now.
The Whale Watching season?2015 is here soon and all predictions say it will be the best season ever. Many many whales are heading our way and they will stay and play in Hervey Bay. Worlds Best Whale Watching start in mid July 2015.
Book early to secure a spot when you plan to come. Why not combine the whale watching with a trip to Fraser Island and/or Lady Elliot Island ? that will give you the ultimate Fraser Coast experience. Call us and we will be happy to help!
Hervey Bay is probably the best place in Australia for Whale Watching, the Humpback whales stay with us for a long time to teach their calves and play. We work with several experienced tour operators. Book your tour at the same time as you book the accommodation to secure a spot on the day and tour that you want. Of course can we help you when you arrive as well. The season start 19th July and end in late October/Early November.
Special whale watching offer, get 10% discount on any stay more than 2 nights during the season when you book online. Book on this page and state WHALES in promotion code to get the special rates. Offer only valid here, no changes or cancellations possible.
Experience the Whale Watch trip of a lifetime aboard Tasman Venture. Get up close and personal with the majestical Humpback Whales, and enjoy their close encounters. The luxurious 20 meter catamaran is especially designed for whale watching, giving you clear viewing decks, underwater viewing windows, hydrophone, unique viewing platform and underwater camera. Our friendly, experienced and accredited staff will give you an amazing experience you will never forget.
The tour include:
- Guaranteed sightings (or return ticket)
- Free WiFi
- Expert accredited commentary
- Friendly and experienced staff
- Tea/coffee with biscuits, cake & antipasto platter on the way home
- Hydrophone equipped to hear the whales sing
- Fully licensed bar
- Underwater viewing windows (see the whales in their natural environment)
- Access?to the unique viewing platform (gets you to eye level with the whales)
- Free??Close Encounters? Whale Watch DVD
- Entertainment for the children (toys, coloring in and DVDs)
- Multi?lingual staff and whale information in 6 languages
- Air-conditioned comfort in all cabin areas
Spirit of Hervey Bay
Enjoy Whale Watching in Hervey Bays highest boat with a cruise speed of 22 knots. Its?a large boat with plenty of space so all passengers can view, underwater?viewing rooms etc. A 24 metre ocean going catamaran the Spirit was built with supreme stability, comfort and safety in mind. Five levels of viewing decks?offer you the freedom of walking around the Spirit and discovering the many
vantage points to capture the whale?s antics. No crowding, so much room to move?around and stretch those legs!
The tour include:
- ?Substantial morning or afternoon tea on ? day tour and morning tea and lunch on ? day
- ?Expert commentary on the whales and features of Fraser Island
- ?Guaranteed sightings with full refund (10/8 ? 10/10/2013) or free return cruise outside these dates
- ?6 Viewing decks spread over 5 spacious levels ? Perfect for photo opportunities of whales, Fraser Is, turtles, dolphins, sea birds etc
- Personal space at a premium to move around at your leisure, ideal for front row viewing.
- Hydrophone equipped to listen to the whales singing
- ?Largest Underwater Viewing Rooms with windows to spy the whales underwater
- Whale / Dolphin Cameras for action between the hull of the boat relayed live to on-board LCD TV screens
- Our fast boat means you get maximum time to spend with the whales, less travelling
- Kids activities including coloring in, toys, activity booklet etc
- Extra comfortable, luxurious and stable catamaran
- 25 Years family owned and operated whale watching business
- ?FREE souvenir whale DVD
- ?FREE Wifi connection
- ?Air conditioned comfort
- ?Fully licensed souvenir kiosk
- ?Friendly and inviting atmosphere suitable for all ages
- ?Whole lot of fun
Blue Dolphin Marine Tours
Join Hervey Bay?s only multi-award winning whale watching sail vessel and one of the smallest in the fleet. Most of the whales you?ll see are 10 to 13 metres in length and 30 tonnes or more, that?s over 5 times the boats weight. So when you see a whale from Blue Dolphin you really see a whale!
Your skipper Peter has over 28 years experience with marine mammals, 14 years of which were spent as marine mammal trainer at Seaworld. During those years Peter was involved with saving many stranded marine mammals. You can rest assured that your day will be very informative thanks to Peter?s wealth of experience and knowledge. He welcomes all your questions so please be sure to ask.
The tour include:
- Multi?award winning sail vessel
- Low passenger numbers
- Over 27 years experience with marine mammals
- Multi lingual crew
- Lowest carbon footprint? responsible whale watching
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- Full?buffet lunch
- Complimentary? beverage (beer, wine or soft drink)
- Fully licensed
With Whalesong Cruises you can experience the Closest Encounters with Humpback Whales that you will get nowhere else in Australia. This extraordinary up close & personal experience only happens in the calm, sheltered waters between Fraser Island & the Fraser Coast/Hervey Bay mainland. Jason & Virginia Brigden have over 20 year experience in the tourism and charter boat industry and strive to provide personal service and quality products.
The tour include:
- Complimentary pot tea & coffee
- Vegetarians & Special Dietary requirements catered for on request
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks and Souvenirs available for purchase
- ?Kids activity sheets and toddler toys
- Wheelchair ramps, access and toilet. Our extra wide decks provide excellent viewing
and seating for our guests
- Breakfast & Morning tea on morning tour and Lunch and afternoon tea on the afternoon tour.